This scholarship is for current Alaskan public high school, trade, college, or university students.
The funds can be used for student housing, books, and/or tuition for any Alaska domiciled trade school, college, or university.
Scholarship applicants must provide:
- The name and address of the trade school, college, or university the student wants to attend or is currently attending;
- The total amount of funding requested and an itemization of how the money will be used (tuition, housing, books, etc.);
- A letter telling FAC how this money will make a difference in the student’s life;
- Letter of recommendation from one of the student’s school teachers or counselors;
- Documentation of current academic status, including GPA;
- Acceptance letter, enrollment confirmation, or other form of documentation from the trade school, college, or university of the student’s intent to attend.
Awards will be based, in part, on completeness of application and committee’s assessment of probability of academic success.