Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are awarded as funding allows.
This scholarship, up to $1,000 per youth per fiscal year, is for current Alaskan high school, vocational, trade, college, or university students who are in state custody or Tribal care.
The funds can be used for student housing, books, and/or tuition/course fees for any Alaska domiciled vocational course, trade school, college, or university.
Scholarship applicants must provide:
- The name and address of the vocational course, trade school, college, or university the student wants to attend or is currently attending;
- The total amount of funding requested and an itemization of how the money will be used (tuition/course fees, housing, books, etc.);
- A letter telling FAC how this money will make a difference in the student’s life;
- A letter of recommendation from one of the student’s school teachers, or counselors, GAL, Tribal representative, or CASA;
- Acceptance letter, enrollment confirmation, or other form of documentation (ex: invoice/receipt) from the vocational course, trade school, college, or university the student intends to attend.
Awards will be based, in part, on completeness of application and committee’s assessment of probability of meaningful student success. Applications may be referred for funding through alternative Youth Grant Programs, such as camperships, as deemed appropriate by the Scholarship Committee.
Download your Rudisill Scholarship Application or complete the application on-line below: